This privacy document intends to clarify our efforts regarding the protection of your user privacy – resulting from our activities as an ad serving platform.
In a nutshell
The Adhese ad serving platform enables our customers to deliver targeted online advertising campaigns to the right audience, at the right time, in the right place. This means that our activities are inextricably linked to user data, user privacy, and data protection.
All collected ad serving data belongs to the customer. All the data Adhese collects is, and stays, the exclusive property of our customers. Adhese will definitely not share or sell this data. Adhese ensures that clients keep control and ownership. All collected data stays within the customer’s environment and they decide what happens with the collected data.
What information is collected?
Adhese collects data through the Adhese ad serving technology. A difference needs to be made between two types of data:
- Personally identifiable information is data that is used to identify, contact, or locate a person, such as your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address. Adhese does not collect any personally identifiable information during any stage of the ad delivery process.
- Our technology only collects non-personally identifiable information about a visitor. This is data about, for example, the Internet browser, operating system, device, geographic location and, when applicable, the URLs of advertiser websites that were already accessed by the visitor.
Adhese keeps customers’ data separate from other customers’ data and does not aggregate data in any way.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small packets of data files that are sent from a server to the directories of a browser while a visitor opens a web page. If a cookie is set, the browser will retrieve the cookie and return it to the server when the visitor subsequently accesses the same web page. A cookie is only returned to the server that did sent the cookie in the first place.
The Adhese Ad Server sends an Adhese cookie to a browser when a visitors opens a web page of one of our customers for the first time. More specifically, the Adhese cookie is sent when Adhese receives a first initial request from the browser.
The Adhese cookie contains a unique value to identify a previous visitor, but does not contain any personal information to identify someone.
Adhese employs cookies for several purposes. Cookies enables our customers, for example,
- to deliver relevant ads based on, for example, location or device;
- to measure performance, such as the number of unique visitors and the click-through rate of an ad;
- to retarget campaigns;
- to limit the delivery of a specific ad to a given visitor (i.e. frequency capping).
Disable or delete cookies
Each browser allows you to delete existing cookies or disable the use of future cookies. Have a look at the following webpages for more information about how this is done for each browser.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies%23ie=ie-11#ie=ie-11
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Do not track
‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) is an optional feature within most web and smartphone browsers. It allows you to express your personal preference regarding tracking by a third party via HTTP. A recent trend for updated browser versions is to block tracking by default. Adhese honours each Do Not Track preference of a visitor. Adhese won’t store cookies and, therefore, won’t log IP addresses.
Please note: Adhese is DNT compliant but it is up to our clients to enable or disable this feature.