Adhese has always been an advocate of transparency and complete control over data held by the customer. This will not change. Not now, not in the future.
What we do
The Adhese ad serving platform enables our customers to deliver targeted online advertising campaigns. This targeting can function without the use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), but depending on the implementation, Adhese account holders might choose to use PII for targeting.
Adhese operates as a Processor within the framework of the GDPR. We do not make decisions about data, but we implement the wishes of our clients (i.e. publisher or brand). Our software does not store or process PII by default. Only if the correct consent flag is forwarded, PII can be used.
It's your data
With Adhese, publishers and brands give their users 100% privacy. Adhese enables clients to have full control over their users' data. Read more about how we give our clients 100% user privacy.
All the data Adhese collects is, and stays, the exclusive property of our customers. Adhese will definitely not share or sell this data. Adhese ensures that clients keep control and ownership and we will never claim data ownership. All collected data stays within the customer’s environment and they decide what happens with the collected data.
An Adhese account runs like a silo, so no data can be shared with other Adhese customers. Both the database and all public implementations are completely independent of each other.
If a publisher wants to share data with other parties (SSP, DSP, DMP, CRM, direct advertisers or other publishers), then they can do this via the User Sync service that make external services accessible to users in a controlled manner.
PII and consent policy
Adhese account holders can collect any type of data through the Adhese technology. A distinction needs to be made between two types of data:
- Personally Identifiable Information or PII is data that is used to identify, contact, or locate a person, such as your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address, IP address, device ID, ... Adhese does not collect any PII by default during any stage of the ad delivery process. When an account holder wants to use PII, they need consent from their visitors.
- By default, our technology only collects non-personally identifiable information. This is data about, for example, the internet browser, operating system, the context of the app or page visited, ...
The Adhese Ad Server sends an Adhese cookie to a browser when a visitors opens a web page of one of our customers for the first time, only when a valid consent flag is passed.
The Adhese cookie contains a unique value to identify a previous visitor, but does not contain any personal information to identify someone. Even so, it will only be set when consent was asked and received.
Adhese employs cookies for several purposes. Cookies enable our customers to, for example,
- to deliver relevant ads based on, for example, location or device;
- to measure performance, such as the number of unique visitors and the click-through rate of an ad;
- to run retargeting campaigns;
- to limit the delivery of a specific ad to a given visitor (i.e. frequency capping).
We keep on being transparent and building the much-needed trust in the market.
If you have any questions or want more information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.